We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic Team Administrator to join our team at Willats Trust. The role is ideal for someone who enjoys working as part of a small team with good levels of IT Literacy and excellent organisational skills.
The role is based in our office in Bath with some flexible working possible.
24 hours a week
£17,100 pa plus an excellent benefit package
Contract for 1 year with the possibility of further extension
Please send a CV plus a short covering letter explaining your interest and your suitability for the role to Erica Palfreyman at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 13th October 2023.
|The Willats’ Trust has been working for 160 years to enable Christian workers to share the good news about Jesus with some of poorest and most marginalised communities in the UK.
William Willats set up Mr Willats’ Charitable Trust in 1858 to fund this work, ensuring everyone could hear about Jesus, regardless of their income or status.
160 years later, we are still sharing the good news about Jesus all across the UK with the poorest in society, who are often marginalised and excluded, through supporting Christian workers (Guides)who share our vision.
This work is funded by a sizeable property portfolio bequeathed by Mr Willats to the Willats Trust. The Charity manages the properties and uses the surpluses generated by rental income to fund the Grants that are given to Guides.
Role Title: Team Administrator Reporting To: Interim Director
Purpose of role: The Team Administrator sits at the heart of team support and is involved in all areas of the Trust’s work supporting the team with general project management and by ensuring the efficient running of the office and maintaining effective administrative systems across the organisation.
Head Office at Basement, 19 Rivers St Bath. BA1 OAQ with some hybrid working .
· Managing the Trust’s correspondence including phone calls, emails, letters and packages
· Taking responsibility for office contracts e.g. telephony, IT, Stationery etc
· Overseeing the maintenance of office facilities and equipment
· Updating the Trust’s website and social media platforms
· Updating the Trust’s publicity materials
· Preparation and processing of invoices ready for authorisation
· Providing administrative support to the Director including Diary Management
· Setting up meetings, events, maintaining the team calendar
· Supporting team members with project work as required
· Organising and arranging Board meetings
· Typing, collating agendas and papers and ensuring they are circulated to relevant parties in good time prior to meetings
· Minute taking and preparation
· Working with Director to maintain Trustee and Board records
· Assist the Property Manager with the administration of the Trust’s properties
· Maintaining and updating Property Inventories
· Maintaining and updating Lease documentation
Qualifications and Experience:
· Minimum of one year’s office experience in a small office setting
· Proven experience in a customer service setting
· Experience of working in a team environment with shared goals
Knowledge and skills
· Good levels of IT literacy with experience of using Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Strong communication skills especially in writing
· Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders
· Interest in and commitment to the values, vision, aims and objectives of the organisation
· Interest in and knowledge of the current issues surrounding socio- economic deprivation
· Interest in social media and a desire to develop skills in this area
· Knowledge of Apple software and applications
Behaviours / Competencies:
· Listens to internal and external stakeholder and acts appropriately
· Offers fantastic customer service
· Ability to work collaboratively
· Understand the importance and the positive impact of efficient systems and planning in a small organisation
· Demonstrates great interpersonal and communication skills
· A flexible and adaptable approach to work
· Stays calm under pressure and offers the best solution
· Builds professional relationships with external stakeholders who know you have their best interests at heart
· Takes a proactive approach
· Goes the extra mile, offers suggestion and ideas
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information in the course of duties.
Prepared By: Date:
Director of Willats Trust 11 September 2023
The Willats Trust is looking for a new Finance Trustee who will bring financial acumen to the Board. They will ideally be a qualified accountant or have significant experience of working with financial accounts. Applicants with an investment background are also encouraged to apply.
This pro bono role will involve attendance at 4-5 meetings per year in Bath and ad hoc engagement.
Please explain why you are interested in joining Willats Trust, along with what you feel you can bring to the role and send this with your cv to email@example.com